Run As One will be supporting and recognizing Post Secondary youth ages 29 years and under from Siksika Nation that have demonstrated outstanding achievements and successes in either; Culture, Athletics, Education, Youth Leadership and Suicide Prevention.
Awards will include a gift, certificate and $300 bursary. Please note, successful recipients will be asked to speak on a panel at the RAO Youth Conference on August 3, 2022.
Eligibility Requirements: Nominees must be individuals who:
• are of First Nations heritage; and are a member or connection to the Siksika community
• demonstrate outstanding achievement;
• are Post Secondary students ages 29 years and under
Nomination Categories (5)
• Culture, Heritage, Spirituality – spiritual leaders, traditional language speakers, or practice their culture, etc.
• Athletics/Sports – athletes, coaches, etc.
• Education/Academics – students, graduates, college/university graduates, teachers, educational assistants, researchers, scientists, etc.
• Youth Leadership – youth who possess characteristics of a positive role model within the community and instill community pride, or youth in careers of health, administration, social services, housing, public works, human resources/services, armed forces, veterans, media, journalism, business, commerce, entrepreneurs, law, justice, technology, etc.
• Honoring Life – youth, youth workers, social workers, teacher, etc.; the award recognizes an individual who contribute in a significant way to prevent issues surrounding mental health and suicide.
The nomination form should include a strong and clear statement as to why the nominee would merit an award in the chosen category.
The deadline to nominate individuals for the 2022 Run As Youth Awards will be on Monday, July 25, 2022 at 4:00pm.