Meet Our Team
Corporate Executive Officer
Dr. Tyler White (Naa Taoyi Piita Wo Taan – “Holy Eagle Shield”) is a member of the Siksika First Nation and has passionately served as the Chief Executive Officer for Siksika Health Services for 22+ years. With extensive experience in First Nations Health Care, Dr. White has worked extensively with all levels of government, frontline workers, and industry partners to enhance the coordination of health care and service delivery in Treaty 7 and beyond. Tyler is the President of the First Nations Health Consortium of Alberta, a member of the Alberta Human Trafficking Task Force committee, Co-Chair for the Alberta First Nations COVID-19 Vaccine Task Team, and was a significant, contributing member of the Alberta government’s Valuing Mental Health review committee, and Joint Action Health Plan for the Alberta Region. Tyler has served as an analyst, negotiator and manager for the Siksika Indian Self-Government Process, and continues to be a strong advocate for Siksika Nation, most recently having championed the signing of a Relationship Agreement and MOU with Alberta Health on Collaboration Respecting Access to Health Care.
Highlights of Dr. White’s Career include:
- Inspirational and visionary leader with over 20+ years of business management experience in the health industry.
- Attended the Chief Old Sun Community College, Lethbridge Community College and the University of Lethbridge.
- Chief Executive Officer with Siksika Health Services, in Siksika Nation, AB since 1999.
- A driven and dedicated professional who nurtures and empowers his team to deliver quality services. His leadership skills also help expand services, create partnerships and improve health care.
- Recipient of many awards including the Health Management Award of Excellence.
- Long-standing supporter of youth advocacy in his community.
- Member of the Alberta Mental Health and Child Review Panel.
- Strong believer in continuous professional development, and staying current with health and business trends to advance organizations.
- Powerful presenter and communicator, capturing the attention and interest of various political leaders, professional athletes and industry.
- A proud second-generation senior manager with Siksika Nation Tribal Administration.
- Gifted and honored with the Blackfoot name “NaatoyiiPiitawotaan”, meaning Holy Eagle Shield by Blackfoot Elder Tom Crane Bear.
- While career-focused, he is also very active in his personal life. He spends quality time with his family, and enjoys collecting shoes and watches, and watching sports.
- Personal motto: Building Teams, Creating Opportunities, and being Innovative.