The Health Assistance Program is operated out of the Medical Transportation ofﬁce at the Siksika Health & Wellness Centre. It is administered by a committee and guided by Health Assistance Policy and Procedures.
Siksika Nation Members may be eligible for health assistance. An application form is available at the Siksika Health & Wellness Centre main reception desk, Siksika Medical Transportation or Home Care offices, and must be completed prior to receiving assistance. Some exceptions are made in cases of emergency assistance requirements.
Types of assistance provided:
- Emergency Assistance: This usually occurs when a Nation member is unexpectedly hospitalized, and families need to be at the bedside. While the amount of support that Health Assistance can provide is limited, it does provide initial funding, for example for gas or parking for the family members until alternative arrangements can be made.
Health assistance may be accessed for:
- Prescription costs for medications not covered by NIHB
- Medical equipment not covered by NIHB
- Dental services
- Glasses and optometry services
- Appointment costs that are not otherwise covered
- Respite services at the Siksika Elders Lodge
- Special dietary requirements
- Hospital beds and wheelchairs (for loan) for community members requiring this equipment on a short-term basis