- This event has passed.
Beginner Muay Thai Program
May 17, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until May 28, 2022
The Beginner Muay Thai Program is an introduction to basic skills required for self defense. This class is open to Siksika Nation members ages 8+ (those ages 8-12 must be accompanied by a parent), and will focus on providing participants with the essential skills needed to advance in Kickboxing & Muay Thai. Training will include:
- offensive techniques
- defensive tactics
- strength promotion through core development
The program is facilitated by Rosario Duck Chief and hosted at the Many Guns Boxing & Fitness Centre (located in the Siksika Business Plaza near the Siksika Trail Market). The program is free for all youth participants (ages 17 and under). Adult participants are asked to make a $5 donation to support the Siksika Nation High School hot lunch program.
Two class times are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Class 1: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Class 2: 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
At this time, space is limited to 5 participants per class. First come first served.
- All participants will be required to participate in health screening prior to entry, which involves a health status questionnaire and temperature check. Those who do not pass the health screening (fail screening questionnaire or temperature reading of 38+ degrees) will be denied entry to the building.
- Participants will need to come dressed for their workout or exercise class; the washroom is not to be used as a change room until further notice.
- Participants are to wear face masks in the building until their activity begins.
- Participants are to bring their own water.