Beginner Muay Thai Program
February 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until March 31, 2022
The Beginner Muay Thai Program is an introduction to basic skills required for self defense. This class is open to Siksika Nation members ages 12+, and will focus on providing participants with the essential skills needed to advance in Kickboxing & Muay Thai. Training will include:
- offensive techniques
- defensive tactics
- strength promotion through core development
The program is facilitated by Rosario Duck Chief and hosted at the Many Guns Boxing & Fitness Centre (located in the Siksika Business Plaza near the Siksika Trail Market). Participants will need to bring boxing gloves, hand wraps*, and a positive attitude. Registration form can be found below 👇🏽
The program is free for all youth participants (ages 17 and under). Adult participants are asked to make a $10 donation to support the Siksika Nation High School hot lunch program.
Two group classes are offered:
- Thursdays @ 6:00-7:00pm
- Thursdays @ 7:00-8:00pm
At this time, space is limited to 5 participants per class, to help keep everyone healthy and safe from potential risks associated with COVID-19. Other applicable public health measures include:
- All participants must be fully vaccinated (“fully vaccinated” defined as 14+ days after second dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine). Proof of vaccination (COVID-19 Immunization Record QR Code) will be requested at the gym entrance at the start of each program. A negative COVID-19 test will not be accepted as an alternative at this time.
- All participants will be required to participate in health screening prior to entry, which involves a health status questionnaire and temperature check. Those who do not pass the health screening (fail screening questionnaire or temperature reading of 38+ degrees) will be denied entry to the building.
- Participants will need to come dressed for their workout or exercise class; the washroom is not to be used as a change room until further notice.
- Participants are to wear face masks in the building until their activity begins.
- Participants are to bring their own water, as the water fountain is not in use at this time.