- This event has passed.
Beginner Muay Thai Program
November 18 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED – all spots are filled. Please stay tuned for future similar programs.
The Beginner Muay Thai Program is an introduction to basic skills required for self defense. This class is open to Siksika Nation members ages 12+, and will focus on providing participants with the essential skills needed to advance in Kickboxing & Muay Thai. Training will include:
- offensive techniques
- defensive tactics
- strength promotion through core development
The program is facilitated by Rosario Duck Chief and hosted at the Many Guns Boxing & Fitness Centre (located in the Siksika Business Plaza near the Siksika Trail Market). Participants will need to bring boxing gloves, hand wraps*, and a positive attitude. Registration form can be found below 👇🏽
The program is free for all youth participants (ages 17 and under). Adult participants are asked to make a $10 donation to support the Siksika Nation High School hot lunch program.
Two group classes are offered:
- Thursdays @ 6:00-7:00pm
- Thursdays @ 7:00-8:00pm
At this time, space is limited to 5 participants per class, to help keep everyone healthy and safe from potential risks associated with COVID-19. Other applicable public health measures include:
- All participants must be fully vaccinated (“fully vaccinated” defined as 14+ days after second dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine). Proof of vaccination (COVID-19 Immunization Record QR Code) will be requested at the gym entrance at the start of each program. A negative COVID-19 test will not be accepted as an alternative at this time.
- All participants will be required to participate in health screening prior to entry, which involves a health status questionnaire and temperature check. Those who do not pass the health screening (fail screening questionnaire or temperature reading of 38+ degrees) will be denied entry to the building.
- Participants will need to come dressed for their workout or exercise class; the washroom is not to be used as a change room until further notice.
- Participants are to wear face masks in the building until their activity begins.
- Participants are to bring their own water, as the water fountain is not in use at this time.