Anyone in Siksika having trouble dealing with anxiety or emotional stress can call 403-734-5660, 9am-9pm, 7days/week to speak with a Siksika Health Services Mental Health Therapist. This is a safe and confidential service.
- Physical distancing and isolation can add to fear and feelings of loneliness, anxiety and depression.
- Mental Health Resources
COVID-19 Information for Employers/Employees
Health screening for staff (specific questions and temperature checks) is required at businesses/facilities across Siksika in order to help identify and prevent spread of COVID-19.
What to do if Staff Fail the Health Screening at the Start of a Work Shift, or if Staff Become Ill at Work?
- If a staff person fails screening or they develop any illness symptoms while at work:
- The ill staff person should put a mask on immediately.
- Advise staff to go home immediately and home isolate for 10 days.
- If they need to see a doctor call 403-734-5690, Mon-Fri from 9am-4pm.
- COVID-19 testing is encouraged at this time for anyone who lives or works in Siksika with ANY NEW or CHANGE in symptoms, in order to detect COVID-19 on the Nation.
- Call the CRU at 403-734-3829 to arrange testing for COVID-19.
- If the staff person is an ESSENTIAL WORKER, in addition to the above steps, their supervisor should encourage the ill staff person to get tested asap and notify them that a referral will be made to the Community Health team to expedite their return to work. They should expect a call from a Community Health Nurse. Please note that this process is for ESSENTIAL STAFF ONLY, as the clinic does not have capacity to accommodate referrals for all staff at this time.
- Supervisor should email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and ask for a call back, or they can call 403-734-5690 and ask for a community health nurse.
- PLEASE – no employee names or health info in emails
- Health team will communicate with the Supervisor to get employee details, but please note that workers are not obligated to get tested, and personal health information about employees cannot be shared.
- Health team will communicate with Supervisor once the staff person is deemed to have low risk of COVID-19 transmission in the workplace. Return to work can occur once symptoms resolved.
Other Information for Employers/Employees
COVID-19 testing is also encouraged for those WITHOUT SYMPTOMS who live or work in Siksika as an essential worker, front-line worker, or caregiver with clients/patients/customers outside of their home, or if they work within other peoples homes.
To organize regular work-place testing every two weeks for worksites or group living sites with front-line workers and caregivers, managers should contact email@example.com or 403-734-5720.
People without symptoms do not have to self-isolate unless they are asked to do so by a Community Health Nurse or other member of Siksika’s public health team. Please do not advise your staff to self-isolate without consulting with firstname.lastname@example.org or unless a public health team member has instructed you to do so.