On Sept. 15, 2021, the province of Alberta announced new, temporary measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Many of these measures have already been in place on Siksika Nation ongoing, through the recommendations provided in the Siksika Nation COVID-19 Risk Scale and Reopening Plan.
The most significant factor in Alberta’s new, temporary measures is COVID-19 immunization. Starting Sept. 20, vaccine-eligible individuals (i.e. people ages 12+) will be required to provide proof of immunization or a negative privately paid COVID-19 test from within the previous 72 hours to access a variety of participating events and businesses throughout the province.
There are two options for Siksikawa to access Proof of Vaccination documents:
- Alberta MyHealth Records:
Albertans can access copies of their COVID-19 vaccination records through MyHealth Records. The printable card will be available on Sept. 19. Anyone over the age of 14 can register for MyHealth Records. Heres how to sign up:
- Visit https://myhealth.alberta.ca/…/Pages/myhealthrecords.aspx
- Sign up for a MyAlberta Digital ID (accessible on the website listed above)
- Login to MyHealth Records with your Digital ID to create an account
- Youll need your Alberta Personal Health Number; this is located on your Alberta Healthcare Card.
- If you dont know your Alberta Personal Health Number, call the AHCIP office at 780-427-1432 to order a replacement Healthcare Card.
- At the Siksika Health & Wellness Centre*:
People who received their COVID-19 vaccine from Siksika Health Services can visit the Siksika Health & Wellness Centre between 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday to pick up a copy of their immunization record, authorized as Proof of Vaccination in Alberta.
*PLEASE NOTE that this option is only available for those who received their COVID vaccines from Siksika Health Services.