As of May 13, 2020, Siksika has expanded its COVID-19 testing eligibility to include people who DO NOT have symptoms. Starting today, if you DO NOT have symptoms and one of the following categories applies to you, PLEASE GET TESTED FOR COVID-19:
1. You are an essential worker, front-line worker, or caregiver who works with clients/patients/customers outside of your home, or you work within other peoples homes. Examples of workers in this category include?healthcare workers, law enforcement, front-line service providers in other Siksika service areas and businesses, security, custodians, drivers, tellers and those who work in group homes, shelters or other group living facilities.
- Being in an area, site or facility that has or recently had a COVID19 outbreak
- Working in or being discharged from a healthcare facility
- Working or living in a group living site like long term care or assisted living, shelters, correctional facilities, work and recreation camps, or group homes
- Working in an industrial facility like a meat processing plant, logistics or distribution centre, or oil and gas refinery.
- You have traveled outside the province of Alberta